Friday, April 29, 2011

Good News

Several crotchety people in my periphery have complained this week about all the royal wedding hoopla. You want to know what I think?



When the world holds its breath, it's always for bad news. Earthquakes, terrorism, assassinations, scandals. Today the world held its breath for hope and joy and BEAUTY. Alexander McQueen-style beauty. Ancient tradition-style beauty. It's not everyday we can all stand up and cheer. (Except for Grace Van Mumsen.)

Long live the queen!


1 comment:

Diane Harris, Stash Bandit said...

I couldn't agree more. My SO and I had a seriously heated discussion about this last night. Because I was all caught up and he just...wasn't. I thought it was a glorious event and a glorious day. Thank God for good news once in freakin' while.