We've been shuffling through our house these last two days with a combination of relief and exhaustion--just five days of Christmas travel wore us out! But even through the mopes, I can look back on 2009 and see many happy moments. More exciting though (I hope), is my newfound determination to create a Bucket List. No time like the present, eh?
1. Take a cooking class in a foreign country.
2. Share a meal with a famous person who doesn't know I know she's famous (stalking?).
3. Explore the vast variety of Christian traditions... read more.
4. Visit a monastery (see #3).
5. Live in a place where I am a minority.
6. Give away 30% of my income for an entire year.
7. Float in the Dead Sea.
8. Own a Burberry trench coat.
9. Write a book about food and childhood.
10. Learn the rules of soccer so that I may teach my children.
11. Name a child after someone I love.
12. Sew a quilt for my mom.
13. Participate in mental health care advocacy.
14. Find my perfect lipstick color.
15. Appreciate the texture of my hair.
16. Figure out how to make my money grow.
17. Run a 5K. Alone.
18. Run a 10K. With Dustin.
19. Vacation with friends.
20. Care for a foster child.
21. Attend a benefit gala for a museum.
22. Volunteer at big city library.
23. Grow chard with great success.
24. Learn about metabolism.
25. Wear short hair.
26. Appreciate my nose.
27. Knit a baby blanket.
28. Drive a vintage Mercedes.
29. Swim across a lake.
30. Celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary.
I'll keep you posted on how many I can check off in 2010, but I'm hoping I make tracks...