Wednesday, January 2, 2008

it's like i ran a marathon

...only that's not even close to reality. :) (Actually, I am interested in running a marathon--I think it would be an incredible exercise in discipline, but I have a few good excuses left until I go for the gusto.)

As I was saying. It's like I ran a marathon. My body hurts, I have no emotional energy, and I have been "running" alongside several gazillion fools for the past month. That's right folks, I have survived THE HOLIDAYS. And not just any set of holidays, my first set without my family. No trip to Colorado, no red-eye through Reno to make it home for Christmas brunch, no white Christmas with a view of Pike's Peak. Christmas this year meant Christmas with future hubby's family in Puyallup.

And as hard as it was, it felt like a turning point. I felt more like a part of this new family than ever before, which I guess you could say made it all worthwhile. :) (It does make it worthwhile, but I'll never get used to another family's food.)

SPEAKING OF FOOD! My favorite blogger, a fellow Seattle gal with an impressive level of foodie flair, has recently joined the writing crew over at Bon Appetit! Can you believe it? She's made it! She's a hero! She's earning a living by writing and loving to cook. Clearly, she's also my idol.



In honor of this momentous day in blog/food history, I will share my newest concoction:

Secret Weapon Dip

2 cups of roasted vegetables (I used onions, zucchini, carrots, red and yellow peppers and lots and lots of garlic)
3 cracks of the pepper mill
3 tablespoons light sour cream
a little salt
hot sauce

Puree all ingredients in food processor or blender (except sour cream) until they reach desired smoothness (I like mine a little chunky). Add a large dollop of sour cream and gently stir until it turns a glorious, creamy color...deceptively delicious.

Tastes lovely on crostini or even Triscuits. :)

No comments: